Thorens MM-008 ADC Phono preamplifier sale
In Stock, ready for shipment
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Shipping Over 95 €
All Europe shipping
Thorens MM-008 ADC Phono preamplifier
WITH INTEGRATED ANALOGUE-TO-DIGITAL CONVERTER
Both Microsoft® Windows® and Apple® Mac OS® come with very simple audio recording software pre-installed. However, to take full advantage of the high-resolution recording facilities offered by the MM 008 ADC, we recommend recording software that can record at 24 bits/96 kHz and save lossless high-resolution audio files such as FLAC or Apple® Lossless.
The Thorens MM 008 ADC phono stage has the additional function of digitizing analogue recordings, which is currently in high demand among music lovers. The device is made in a metal case with thick walls that reliably protect its circuitry from mechanical vibration and electrical interference. The Thorens MM 008 ADC is of high quality and very easy to use. Thanks to its relatively small size, this unit can be installed close to a vinyl player, allowing for short connection cables. The Thorens MM 008 ADC is powered by an external DC voltage source.
The phono stage can handle both MM and MC cartridges. The rear panel keys are used to select the mode of operation. Moreover, the Thorens MM 008 ADC has separate connectors for MM and MC cartridges so there is no need to dock cables when switching between the cartridges. The phono output jacks are a pair of RCA jacks. Another pair of jacks is used to correct phono stage inputs for MC cartridges. The plugs supplied with the kit allow the phono stage input impedance to be varied to suit the cartridge model in question.
The entire Thorens MM 008 ADC circuit is mounted on a single high quality printed circuit board to reduce the length of the signal path. The phono stage uses low-noise operation amplifiers and the RIAA correction circuitry uses passive components carefully selected for accurate signal processing.
To interface with a computer, Thorens MM 008 ADC uses a 24-bit / 96kHz USB 2.0 ADC chip-based interface. With Thorens MM 008 ADC, you can transfer music recorded on vinyl records to your PC's hard drive with great accuracy for playback on any digital device.
- Mode MM/MC (switchable)
- Gain at 1 kHz 40 dB (MM)/60 dB (MC)
- Input impedance (MM) 47 kΩ + 220 pF fixed
- Input impedance (MC) 47 kΩ + 1 nF (modifiable with external load plugs)
- Frequency response (flat) 20 Hz - 20 kHz ±0.3 dB
- Frequency response (-3 dB) 10 Hz - 50 kHz
- RIAA curve accuracy ±0.3 dB
- THD+N <0.013% (MM)/<0.055% (MC)
- Signal-to-noise ratio >86 dB (MM)/>72 dB (MC)
- Crosstalk ≧40 dB
- Input sensitivity (MM) 3.29 mVrms for -10 dBV output (316 mVrms)
- Input sensitivity (MC) 0.325 mVrms for -10 dBV output (316 mVrms)
- Max. output voltage 482 mVrms at 5 mVrms input (1 kHz)
- Output impedance 47 Ω
- Input connections 3 pairs of RCA sockets (left/right)
- Output connections 1 pair of RCA sockets (left/right)
- Power supply 24 V DC 3.5 W/15 mA
- Power consumption
- Weight 511 g (not including power supply)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 150 x 50 x 117 mm
- A/D converter Tenor TE7022L 24Bit Delta Sigma
- Sampling rates 8,16, 32, 44.1, 48, 96 kHz
- USB output USB 2.0, fully backward-compatible with USB 1.1
- Operating systems Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS®