TEAC PE-505 Phono Preamplifier sale
In Stock, ready for shipment
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Shipping Over 95 €
All Europe shipping
TEAC PE-505 Phono Preamplifier
- Fully-balanced circuit design
From the head amplifier to the equalizing amplifier sections to the buffer amplifier section on the final output stage; the PE-505 employs a fully-balanced circuit design throughout all stages that amplifies, equalizes, and maintains signal purity of even the most extremely faint audio signals picked up by a cartridge.
Even unbalanced signal on the conventional RCA input is converted to the differential processing mode right after the input terminals.
- Equalizing circuit on the differential cartridge output
Absorbing errors on the balanced output, the differential output equalizing circuit delivers a more accurate audio signal. Signals are equalized for a pure and natural audio signal delivery.
- High-precision RIAA circuit
A newly developed NF-type equalizing amplifier achieves less than ±0.05dB of RIAA deviation.
(20Hz to 20kHz)
- High Signal-to-Noise ratio
The PE-505 achieves 106dB on the RCA input (MM), and 86dB on the XLR input (MC), while the residual noise voltage reaches 10μV on the MM and 85μV on the MC (XLR Input) which are sophisticated.
- High-precision OLD EQ curves
As well as the modern RIAA curve, individual curves on monaural records from DECCA and COLUMBIA issued before the RIAA curve was defined in 1955 are also supported.
- Versatile settings and unique measuring functions
The PE-505 equips switchable load-capacity for MM cartridges and switchable load-resistance for MC cartridges. Furthermore, the load-resistance measuring function allows users to select an appropriate load-resistance by pressing the MEASURE key on the front panel to show the total load-resistance value including cable resistance on the gauge.
Also, the Subsonic function shows subsonic signals less than 6Hz on the gauge, while the subsonic filter (17Hz, -24dB/octave) cuts unnecessary low frequency out of the hearing range.
- DEMAG function to refresh the cartridges
With the quick demagnetize function, both magnetized iron cores of MC cartridges and the step-up transformer are demagnetized by playing back a vinyl record for as short as 30 seconds with the DEMAG position.
- Full differential inputs/outputs circuits
- High-precision RIAA EQ circuit achieves less than 0.05dB of deviation
- Individual EQ curves for monaural records and ones with EQ from DECCA and COLUMBIA
- Balanced MC input
- Switchable MC impedance (10, 22, 47, 100, 220, 470, 1kΩΩ)
- Switchable MM load-impedance capacity (0, 100, 220, 330pF)
- MC load-impedance measurement function
- Switchable MM/MC gain (High/Low)
- Subsonic detection
- Subsonic filter (17Hz, -24dB/oct.)
- MONO function that mixes left and right channels as a monaural channel
- DEMAG function that de-magnetizes cartridge
- 3-position pin-point feet
- GND terminal
- RoHS compliant
- For more specifications, see the datasheet in the downloads tab.
- Power Cord
- 3 Feet pads
- Owner's Manual
- Audio Inputs: XLR
- Audio Outputs: Cinch