Ortofon MC Quintet Black S + Stylus Force Scale sale
In Stock, ready for shipment
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Shipping Over 95 €
All Europe shipping
Ortofon MC Quintet Black S + Stylus Force Scale
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0.3 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - < 1.0 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 23 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20 - 25.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz - +/- 1.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 15 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata on Sapphire cantilever
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range - 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 5 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - > 20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material - Aucurum
- Cartridge colour - Black
- Cartridge weight - 9 g
www.hifichoice.co.uk June 2017
With the correct level set, the Ortofon reveals itself to be a highly distinctive yet talented performer. This most clearly manifests itself as a slightly dark tonal balance that helps it to sound refined and powerful...
...What is interesting is that the tonal balance doesn’t restrict the energy at the top end of the frequency response...
...This is a very big and effortless-sounding cartridge...
...Vocals are given presence and detail, but without losing their relationship to the supporting musicians...
Ease of use
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminium frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.