Ortofon 2m Bronze Cartridge sale
In Stock, ready for shipment
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Shipping Over 95 €
All Europe shipping
Ortofon 2m Bronze Cartridge
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-29.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Fine Line
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.2 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Bronze
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm
The Audio Beat, August 2016
Exploring Ortofon's 2M Lineup
by Marc Mickelson
"...The 2M line has become a de facto reference for moving-magnet cartridges...it is due to both the sound quality of the various 2M models as well as the wide price range across the line... The differences among the four stereo 2M models occur in three primary areas: stylus profile, body material, and engine ...
... The 2M Black is "open, fast, detailed, vivid, full of vitality and sonically spectacular." It is a true high-resolution transducer that consequently puts great demands on the downstream electronics and speakers...
...On the other end, the 2M Red is far more forgiving than the 2M Black, but also less involving, at least in the context of my system (the turntable is a Technics SP-15 with an Audio-Technica ATP-12T tonearm, both in a Technics SH-15B2 base - red.)...
...with the 2M Blue ...you get the audiophile treatment: a full-range, highly resolving presentation that sounds neither stiff nor unforgiving. In fact, the 2M Blue's balance, both tonally and in terms of overall resolution, may be its greatest feat. It's an easy cartridge to listen to, and even novice listeners...
...While the 2M Black sounds more immediately impressive, the 2M Bronze is the more satisfying over the long haul, halving the difference between the Black's speed and resolution and the Blue's balance. In fact... it is a mixture of all of these sonic virtues. It's fast, but not ostentatiously so; it turns information into music, and it does this because it is better balanced, neither leaning in one sonic direction or another. I would say that it represents not just the 2M line's sweet spot but also its musical core. ..."