Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge (Internal thread, top mounting) sale
Out Of Stock
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Shipping Over 95 €
All Europe shipping
Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge (Internal thread, top mounting)
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5.5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.3 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Blue
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm
The Audio Beat, August 2016
Exploring Ortofon's 2M Lineup
by Marc Mickelson
"...The 2M line has become a de facto reference for moving-magnet cartridges...it is due to both the sound quality of the various 2M models as well as the wide price range across the line... The differences among the four stereo 2M models occur in three primary areas: stylus profile, body material, and engine ...
... The 2M Black is "open, fast, detailed, vivid, full of vitality and sonically spectacular." It is a true high-resolution transducer that consequently puts great demands on the downstream electronics and speakers...
...On the other end, the 2M Red is far more forgiving than the 2M Black, but also less involving, at least in the context of my system (the turntable is a Technics SP-15 with an Audio-Technica ATP-12T tonearm, both in a Technics SH-15B2 base - red.)...
...with the 2M Blue ...you get the audiophile treatment: a full-range, highly resolving presentation that sounds neither stiff nor unforgiving. In fact, the 2M Blue's balance, both tonally and in terms of overall resolution, may be its greatest feat. It's an easy cartridge to listen to, and even novice listeners...
...While the 2M Black sounds more immediately impressive, the 2M Bronze is the more satisfying over the long haul, halving the difference between the Black's speed and resolution and the Blue's balance. In fact... it is a mixture of all of these sonic virtues. It's fast, but not ostentatiously so; it turns information into music, and it does this because it is better balanced, neither leaning in one sonic direction or another. I would say that it represents not just the 2M line's sweet spot but also its musical core. ..."
Hi-Fi News February 2008
The Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge
Reviewed by Andrew Harrison
"...the Ortofon worked fine from new and cold...well - focused and relatively neutral sound, tidy and tuneful...
...more focused around a level midband....could find low bass where needed...
...had a very impressive ability to sound balanced...
...allowing a performance to be listened into with ease...
...will suit anyone after a more natural sound.."
- an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy
- Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details compared to the 2M Red model.