Ortofon 2M Black Cartridge sale
In Stock, ready for shipment
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Shipping Over 95 €
All Europe shipping
100% positive reviews in our eBay Shop
Ortofon 2M Black Cartridge
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-31.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000: + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range: 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Black
- Cartridge weight: 7,2 g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M Black (interchangeable with 2M Bronze)
- Stylus protection guard: 2M Black
The Audio Beat, August 2016
Exploring Ortofon's 2M Lineup
by Marc Mickelson
"...The 2M line has become a de facto reference for moving-magnet cartridges...it is due to both the sound quality of the various 2M models as well as the wide price range across the line... The differences among the four stereo 2M models occur in three primary areas: stylus profile, body material, and engine ...
... The 2M Black is "open, fast, detailed, vivid, full of vitality and sonically spectacular." It is a true high-resolution transducer that consequently puts great demands on the downstream electronics and speakers...
...On the other end, the 2M Red is far more forgiving than the 2M Black, but also less involving, at least in the context of my system (the turntable is a Technics SP-15 with an Audio-Technica ATP-12T tonearm, both in a Technics SH-15B2 base - red.)...
...with the 2M Blue ...you get the audiophile treatment: a full-range, highly resolving presentation that sounds neither stiff nor unforgiving. In fact, the 2M Blue's balance, both tonally and in terms of overall resolution, may be its greatest feat. It's an easy cartridge to listen to, and even novice listeners...
...While the 2M Black sounds more immediately impressive, the 2M Bronze is the more satisfying over the long haul, halving the difference between the Black's speed and resolution and the Blue's balance. In fact... it is a mixture of all of these sonic virtues. It's fast, but not ostentatiously so; it turns information into music, and it does this because it is better balanced, neither leaning in one sonic direction or another. I would say that it represents not just the 2M line's sweet spot but also its musical core. ..."
TNT Audio, April 2016
Reviewer: Graeme Budd
"...the Ortofon's strengths in detail, imaging, tracking and neutrality make for a compelling case. If you're looking for a cartridge in this price range, be it MM or MC, it should definitely be on your shortlist."
Hi-Fi News Yearbook 2011
"...When set-up, the Ortofon 2M Black was immediately engaging, sounding powerful and vivid...
...it was natural recordings of full orchestra that confirmed that the 2M Black is a stellar moving-magnet cartridge...
...The 2M Black delivers a holographic imagery worthy of the most sophisticated vinyl replay systems."